The drug is created and promoted to the world market by pharmaceutical giant - company Bayer. In development of the generic Levitra 20 mg, the need for which there is more than in 150 million people worldwide, it was taken into account pharmacological and marketing experience of predecessors companies. Among the main distinguishing features of the product, confirmed by clinical studies:
- speed of action (the drug takes effect within 20 minutes after administration)
- reliability of the use of (drug "works" regardless of age, individual characteristics of the men, the duration of treatment and causes of ED, providing the optimal duration of full sexual relationship
- Levitra is safe and well tolerated.
The drug is taken by mouth with or without food. At the beginning of treatment the recommended dose is 10 mg (approximately 20-40 minutes before sexual intercourse). The maximum frequency of dosing - 1 time per day.
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the formulation;
- Simultaneous use with nitrates or drugs that are donators of nitric oxide;
- Simultaneous use with moderately active and potent inhibitors of CYP3A4
- Medicines for the treatment of erectile dysfunction should not be used in men who are forbidden sexual activity (for example, patients wih cardiovascular diseases such as unstable angina or acute heart failure )
It’s use is not recommended for patients with the following conditions:
- Severe hepatic dysfunction,
- Renal disease in the terminal stage, requiring dialysis,
- Hypotension (systolic blood pressure at rest <90 mm Hg. Art.)
- Recent history of stroke or myocardial infarction (within the last 6 MONTHS CET), 5
- Unstable angina and hereditary degenerative diseases of the grid or cones, for example, retinitis pigmentosa
In clinical trials, Levitra most frequently reported adverse reactions were headache, rhinitis, flushing, indigestion. In 2% of cases observed dizziness; a small number of patients - visual impairment.